What is the Equifax Data Breach?
Equifax is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies. On September 7, 2017, Equifax reported a data breach that may affect as many as 143 million Americans. In addition to names and addresses, this stolen information may include Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, and birth dates.
Has your information been compromised?
Visit Equifax’s dedicated website, www.equifaxsecurity2017.com
, to determine if your information was potentially impacted and to sign up for a free year of credit file monitoring and identity theft protection provided by Equifax.
What can you do to monitor your personal information?
Learn more about Truity’s commitment to working with you in the fight against fraud
- If you have our Truity Identity Checking or Advantage Checking account, enroll in the free credit monitoring that comes with these accounts.
- If you have a different Truity checking account, it’s easy to switch to Identity Checking or Advantage Checking; just call or come in to a branch. You’ll keep the same account number, checks, and debit card and enjoy some peace of mind knowing your personal information is monitored.
- Check your credit report at www.AnnualCreditReport.com. Report or dispute any errors you find by following the instructions on the site.
- Watch for these signs:
- Bills that do not arrive as expected
- Unexpected credit cards or account statements
- Denials of credit for no apparent reason
- Calls or letters about purchases you did not make
. If you have a credit report, there’s a good chance that you’re one of the 143 million American consumers whose sensitive personal information was exposed in the data breach at Equifax. If you think you’ve been a victim of fraud, call us right away at 800.897.6991.
Do you remember (back in the dark ages) when savings accounts earned dividends worth talking about? In July of 1984, 5 year certificate rates reached their peak of 12.06% APY according to BankRate.com. Although rates may never be that high again, they are on the rise.
Take advantage of the uptick in savings rates right now with a Truity 24 Month Bump Certificate. Lock in a 2% APY with a minimum $2,000 for 24 months. 2% APY is our highest dividend rate for any certificate term right now. Over the next 24 months, if the 5 year certificate rate goes above 2% APY, you may bump your rate.
Keep watching our rates: you can only bump your rate once. When you decide the time is right, call or come in and we’ll apply the 5 year certificate rate on that day for the balance of your 24 month term. This is a limited time offer. Call 800.897.6991 or come in today to open your 24 month Bump Certificate.
To see current certificate rates, visit TruityCU.org/Certificates
*Annual Percentage Yield. Minimum deposit $2,000. 24 month Bump Certificate allows a one-time rate change during the term to the prevailing rate of the 60 month Certificate. Upon maturity, certificate will renew to the traditional 24 month term Certificate at the rate applicable on the renewal date. Early withdrawal may result in a penalty. Rates subject to change without notice. This limited time offer may be withdrawn at any time.